Debt Settlement Orders, and the original debt settlement order spam text message post (http://www.jameswiseman.com/blog/2011/01/17/debt-settlement-order-unsolicited-text-message/), written back in January (2011) have now caught the attention of some areas of the British media.
- Simon Read of the Independent Newspaper covered it in Consuming Issues: Scam debt text hopes to trick the vulnerable in the Independent on Saturday on 2nd April 2011.
- On 23rd March 2011 it was Featured in Penman & Sommerlad Investigate Daily Mirror Blog
This is great news as at all helps spread the word.
Other messages in this series include:
- Debt Relief Order – Spam Text Message
- Affiliate Data Systems – “Accident Claims” Scammers
- getaloanfast.co.uk – Get A 15k Loan Fast – Text Message Spam
- DEBT FREE message from Per Ltd
- Telephony Leads and Debt Management Companies – How It Works
- Debt Settlement Order Texts – Campaign To Feature On BBC Watchdog
- Empty Text Message Spam
The world is full of people trying to separate the vulnerable from their money. If you are interested, you can read about my Blog series on the Windows Support Telephone Scam based in India. Its worth knowing about so you can warn family and friends.